Another Day, Another PUBG Update
A brand new update for the Xbox One version of PUBG is now available and it brings along some impressive changes. Included in the sizable patch are a variety of bug fixes, Game DVR support and, the biggest change so far, the removal of the 100 player starting island that let people size up their competition before the match.
PUBG will now have multiple pre-match starting locations. The developer found an issue with 100 players starting in the exact same area. When everyone starts a match together PUBG's performance dropped on both the server and client sides. Additionally, all weapons have been removed from the starting locations.
But That's Not All
Other changes are aimed at making driving a little easier as well as lowering the amount of damage that is done to the driver when running into trees, rocks, and other obstacles. On top of that, squad members colors are now easier to spot. Gamers also now use the right stick to rotate your character at the customization menu to get a better picture of what your avatar will look like in-game.
A host of bug fixes can with the update, too. Water sound effects have been fixed, although most never noticed they were broken in the first place. Additionally, the bug that would cause a player to teleport to another random location on the map upon landing has been corrected. The update will also patch an issue that caused some objects to float in the air.
Full Patch Notes
- Introduced multiple pre-match starting locations in order to optimize both server and game client performance
- Weapons are removed from the starting island prior to the match starting
- Game DVR is now supported for automatic recording of gameplay highlights. This feature must be enabled within the Options / Settings menu.
- We continue to listen to your vehicle feedback and have lowered the damage taken from objects throughout the world such as rocks, trees, and uneven terrain
- Adjusted the sound effects of both water and red-zone bombing
- Party matchmaking is now influenced by the player’s MMR
- Adjusted long-range blood VFX back to the original colors
- Improved visibility of squad member colors (yellow, orange, blue and green)
- Players can use the right thumbstick to rotate their character model during customization
- When customizing character appearance, the D-Pad can be held to switch between menus
- Preview is supported when customizing appearance or creating a new character
- Updated the design of the energy drink
- Fixed water sound effects
- Fixed Red Zone disappearing immediately after it starts
- Fixed random character teleportation following initial landing
- Fixed an issue where some doors could not be entered despite appearing open
- Fixed issue of recovery and boost items being able to be used when underwater
- Fixed the character animations when transitioning from jump-prone to standing
- Fixed unexpected character death caused by falling while moving
- Fixed areas of fencing where specific sides could not be penetrated by bullets
- Fixed buildings with missing stairs
- Fixed bug which caused objects to float in the air
- Fixed areas of terrain which were causing player characters to become stuck
- Fixed an issue which prevented team members being displayed following acceptance of an invite
- Fixed the issue of revive being canceled unintentionally
- Fixed hand animations when reloading/shooting the Kar98 in a prone position
- Fixed the issue limiting peak parachuting speed in FPP mode
- Fixed character animations when moving from prone to entering a vehicle
- Optimized textures, landscapes and buildings throughout the island to improve performance
- Fixed a crash occurring when HDR was enabled
- Fixed a frozen character issue when reconnecting following a crash
- Fixed a crash occurring when the player opened their inventory
- Fixed a crash occurring when the spectated player was using a scope
- Applied new Russian, Japanese and Chinese (simplified/traditional) fonts
- Japanese only: Adjusted the Katakana font
- Japanese only: Fixed incorrect order of wording during object interactions
- Portuguese only: Fixed the display of height meter when parachuting
- B button incorrectly displayed to cut parachute cable; this should be X
- When viewing the map, the X, Y, and B buttons are fully functional – please be aware that this can cause you to exit the plane or vehicle whilst in motion. Please only use the map button to return to gameplay until this is resolved.