In the Name of the Tsar
The next big update for Battlefield 1 is available now. Aptly named, In the Name of the Tsar, this DLC offers players an opportunity to take part in the Russian civil war. As per usual, the download includes new maps, a new mode, more weapons, vehicles, and a host of various bug fixes. Remember as of now, the update is only available to season pass holders. Without exclusive access, players will have to wait two weeks before they have a chance to play.
- Galicia – An entrenched fight across a war-torn river valley.
- Brusilov Keep – A small village high in the Carpathians braces for a Russian siege.
- Albion – German ships invade the West Estonian Archipelago.
- Tsaritsyn – Old and new Russia clash in the war-torn streets of Tsaritsyn.
- Volga River – An epic tank battle along Volga River.
Maps for this update try to capture the severity and brutality of the Russian Civil War in the early 1900’s. The locations range from blown apart tundras to cities in all out war barely being held together. Dice also made sure In the Name of the Tsar had big vehicle battles where No Man’s Land is a death sentence for anyone outside of the metal behemoths.
Supply Drop is the newest way to experience Battlefield 1. Made to capture the impact planes had on resupplying across the WW1 battlefields. Players will have to rush for supplies that fall from the skies and defend the box until it’s empty and the team that comes out with the most supplies is the victor.
Fans of the Operations game mode, which recreates battles from WW1 in a conquest style fight, will be happy to hear that two new battles will be available.
- Brusilov Offensive – The Russian army deploys new tactics on the Eastern Front in 1916.
- Red Tide – The Russian Red Army and White Guard clash in civil war during 1919.
Weapons and Vehicles
While Dice didn’t detail all of the weapons and vehicles they provided a full list of the technology included in the update.
- Putilov Garford
- 305/52 O Coastal Gun
- Hussar Cavalry Unit
- Model 1900
- SMG 08/18
- FA Automatic Rifle
- General Liu Rifle
- Parabellum MG 14/17
- Perino Model 1908
- Mosin Nagant M91
- Vetterli Vitali M1870/87
- C93 Carbine
- Nagant Revolver
- Obrez Pistol
- Cossack Dagger
- Dud Club
- Fixed issue where the wrong rank icon was displayed on the Kill Card for Rank 110.
- Fixed issue where some weapons were not being fully customizable from the front end.
- Replaced shortcuts on Home Screen with dynamic Battlepacks and Service Assignments widgets.
- The name filter now trims empty filter texts in the Server Browser.
- Game servers with custom configuration are now designated as CUSTOM in the Server Browser.
- Fixed issue accessing Options menu after leaving the server queue.
- Fixed an issue in the End of Round screen where all Class Rank icons were gold instead of the corresponding Gold, Silver, or Bronze Rank value.
- Bombers should no longer take multiple damage pings from a single bullet.
- Changes to stationary weapon repair and respawn – if not repaired for two minutes, the QF1 AA, FK96 Field Gun, and 305/52 O Coastal Gun will be restored to full health. Players can still use a repair tool to get them back into action faster.
- Fixed issue where dismounting a horse while it was jumping would cause it to get stuck in the jump animation.
- Fixed issue where it was possible to spawn with duplicate gadgets.
Maps and Modes
- Fixed collision on staircase in Fort de Vaux to allow players to climb them while prone.
- The Best Squad screen will now appear after an operation is completed.
- Fixed issue where character models would appear blurry in the Best Squad screen.
- Improved loading of the Customize Soldier screen on the main menu.
- Fixed issue where the kill card would sometimes not show while spectating other players.
Other than a few other minor changes that is everything that is added with the In the Name of the Tsar expansion. This DLC gives the perfect excuse to hop back into the game and test out all the new equipment available. This is not the end of Battlefield’s expansions though, two more are currently planned with no confirmed release date. Make sure to keep checking back with GigamaxGames.com for more information when it becomes available!
Image and Content Source: